Sometimes my mind is a jumble -- like today. I'm so happy the remaining three Christian Peacemakers have been rescued in Iraq. Kidnapping and hostage holding is horrific in all cases, but the nature of these men's work -- protecting Iraqis, documenting abuses, and protesting the war -- makes their kidnapping all the more horrific.
I am terribly sad at the death of Tom Fox, and pray for God's mercy on him. No one deserves to die this way, and every account of Mr. Fox is that he was a good man, a man beyond merely good. May God keep his soul and give peace to those who knew and loved him.
I'm horrified that a man who converted from Islam to Christianity is being tried in Afghanistan for apostasy. The Qur'an says:
- "Let there be no compulsion in religion," (chapter 2, verse 256)
- "Say: I do not believe what you believe, and you do not believe what I believe, I will not believe what you believe and you will not believe what I believe, to you your way, to me mine," (chapter 105, verses 1-5)
- "If it had been the will of your Lord that all the people of the world should be believers, then all the people of the earth would have believed! Would you then compel mankind against their will to believe?’ (Chapter 10, verse 99)
- "(O Prophet) proclaim: 'This is the Truth from your Lord. So let him who wishes to, believe in it, and him who wishes to, deny it.'’ (chapter 18, verse 29)
- "If they turn away from you (O Muhammad) they should know that We have not sent you to be their keeper. Your only duty is to convey My message.’ (Chapter 42, verse 48)
So where do they get off putting this poor man on trial for converting to another religion!!
And my brain is filled with an idea for a kid's story - Attack of the Cuddle Monster Mother... may have to write the first draft before I go to bed.
Plus I've been daydreaming about Aila and Ghiyath (from Windsisters), trying to figure out how to move them to where I want them to be without it taking a hundred pages. And wondering if two weeks is too fast to change the relationship the ways I want it to change. I'm afraid yes, but that means more pages... ugh! Oh well, I'm at the point where I'm just going to write it and I can cut, cut, cut afterwards.
Oh, and Mutawwa is now available for purchase: http://www.zinio.com/issue?is=135035453&ns=zno